Monday, November 30, 2009

Manhattan

Another from the Classiques section of my book. I think I drank it after doing nothing all day, possibly while watching football. More interestingly, yesterday I went over to my parents house, watched White Christmas, basked in the glory of their Christmas decor, ate lots of food, and watched more football all before coming home and playing the roommie's new Wii for a bit (and eating ramen, of course). Today is a productive day though. It pretty much has to be.

The Manhattan was okay, but I liked the Metropolitan better -- maybe I should have the Manhattan with a dash of simple syrup to make it better.

1 1/2 ounce blended whiskey
3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
dash of bitters
-Stir over cracked ice and strain into cocktail glass.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

1 comment:

  1. I can't help it - the name "bitters" still sounds so incredibly gross to me! No matter how many times you use it! Aah! It also might sound like a character from South Park, which could be why?...

    ReplyDelete