Sunday, November 22, 2009

Crantini

I can't believe I've found a crantini image that is also a Christmas image. It's going to be a fabulous day!

Someone commented that there should be more back story (hi Alex!), so now you're going to get to hear about the events that led up to the first sip of the drink, at least the events of yesterday.

I mentioned last post that I have been feeling the Christmas spirit, and yesterday I officially did it: I put Christmas music on my ipod. So epic! I took the EmX downtown and walked around listening to carols before meeting Ben and El for some lunch and library before going to the holiday market. We made the rounds there, seeing some nice things but only Ben made purchases (good ones at that).

From there, my mom picked me up and we hit up Tjoes before the game where the Ducks beat Arizona in double OT! These kinds of football games are really exciting but also really upsetting: I get so nervous that I can't even watch the play and just use "it's only football" as my mantra. I watch these kinds of sports games like some people watch horror films: through my fingers.

After all that, I came home and had a cratini to wind down. It is pretty much like a cape codder only not on the rocks. Still, it was more welcome than I expected it to be:

1 1/2 ounces vodka
2 ounces cranberry juice
1/3 ounce lime juice
-Stir over cracked ice and strain into cocktail glass.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Christmas. I love it so much. I wish you were here so we could watch Love Actually together and have delicious treats! I'm sure you won't disappoint and will provide lots of wonderful holiday details in your blog though. ;) Also, great backstory! haha

    ReplyDelete