Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Metropolitan


A+, 5 Stars, Two thumbs way up! I liked this drink so much! It did what I've been wanting a drink to do: it skirted the line between light, delicious girly drink and heavy, unsubtle manly drink (I'm looking at you, Old Fashioned). I don't know if this would be so good if I weren't the experienced drinker I am at this point (at least in comparison to the lightweights I know), but I'm going to recommend it anyway.

1 1/2 ounce brandy
1 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
Splash of simple syrup
Dash of bitters
-Stir over cracked ice and strain into cocktail glass.

When I was looking for pictures to put on my post, I noticed that a fair few places on the internet had the metropolitan confused with the cosmopolitan. They share none of the same ingredients! I have yet to try the cosmo, but I think the metro has a lot more intrigue to offer!

On another note, I know not many people read this and even fewer comment. So I was hoping you would tell me your favorite cocktail, whether it be a frequent bar order or something you mix up at home! Do it to make me smile inside!

2 comments:

  1. Sad! I would post my favorite cocktail except I don't really have one... Cranberry/vodka is pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete