Sunday, November 1, 2009

Champagne Cocktail


I hope everyone had a fab Halloween! I'll be spending the next couple days telling you about the drinks that I had on that spookiest of nights -- all the drinks I made myself that is: I don't think you need an explanation for Bud Light at a college house party. I will say that all of these drinks were consumed while I watched the Oregon Ducks CREAM the USC Trojans! EPIC!

Here's the recipe for the first drink of the late afternoon/early evening (you're allowed to drink before 5:00 on game day, it's a rule):

champagne
sugar
bitters
-place about 1/4 tsp of sugar at the bottom of a champagne flute and saturate with bitters, fill with champagne.

This is a really nice and yummy drink, but not so much different than just drink champagne solo. If you have the other ingredients around, do it. If not, don't spend the extra money because the champagne alone should be fine.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment