Friday, October 2, 2009

Old Fashioned

So I had my little poll (which you shouldn't vote in now because I've already bought the booze), but I decided to defy the will of the masses (4 votes) and go with whiskey instead of tequila. I guess I've become a tyrannical blogger and can only wait to be violently overthrown. The guillotine it is.

I bought Seagram's 7 blended whiskey and made a classic from the 19th century: an old fashioned. Here's the recipe:

2 ounces bourbon or blended whiskey
splash of simple syrup
2 dashes of bitters
-Stir ingredients in an iced rocks glass.

This pretty much tasted like cough syrup. But, for the first time, I adjusted the recipe after trying a couple of sips: I added a little more simple syrup and it was much better. A very simple fix.

I drank this while watching Top Chef with El. Good choice. There were cookies too. Nice evening.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

1 comment: