Friday, October 9, 2009

Kamikaze

What can I say about a kamikaze? It has lime, and I like lime. It has vodka, which is flavorless and therefore can't be offensive. Triple sec is also nice. All this adds up to a very safe drink. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think one could really mess up kamikaze. However, I don't think you're really going to impress anybody with it either. For those of you who are as obsessed with Top Chef as I, kamikaze is like all those cheftestants who you never get very attached to because you know they're not good enough to make it to the end. They're not bad and you don't dislike them, but you know it's best to keep a dispassionate distance (except sometimes, like last season, people you dismissed come back and WIN THE WHOLE THING even though SOMEONE ELSE was clearly way more awesome).

Enough! Here's how it goes:

1 1/2 ounce vodka
1 ounce triple sec
1 ounce fresh lime juice
-Cocktail shaker with cracked ice, strain into shot glass or cocktail glass.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

1 comment:

  1. I think somebody at NYULocal is stealing your ideas... haha maybe not, since the content of their post is completely different, but it would be funny if they were since they just had an angsty post about stealing web content.

    http://nyulocal.com/city/2009/10/16/the-kamikaze

    ReplyDelete