Saturday, October 24, 2009

Banana Daiquiri


Oh banana daiquiri, you are so delicious...in theory. The reality, a little disappointing to be honest. The banana and lime combined in a weird way that was drinkable, but not scrumptious like I was expecting. And when you make a daiquiri, you're not looking for something that's going to challenge your palette. It was my first blended drink though, and that was a success.

1 1/2 ounces light rum
1/3 ripe banana
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
3-4 ice cubes
-Blend in a blender and pour into cocktail glass.

I think I used too ripe of a banana...maybe. Given the chance, I might try this in a bar or restaurant to see if it has potential that my budding bar tending skills couldn't bring about.

Also, bought a bottle of gin today despite severe lack of funds. Look forward to endeavors in that direction very soon.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment