Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Whiskey Sour

So, I'm a little behind in the world of blogging. I'm going to try really hard to write another entry later tonight to get caught up, but I am real real sleepy. We'll see.

As to the whiskey sour: I've had the much girlier vodka sour before so I had an idea of what to expect. And it was pretty much as sweet and easy to drink as I expected. Nothing palette expanding, but good for sure. This is something one could easily order at the bar and, I know many people who live by this drink.

2 ounces blended whiskey
1/2 ounce simple syrup
Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
-Shake with cracked ice strain into chilled cocktail glass.

I will admit that, like the above picture, I drank this one on the rocks. However, I did do the leg work of using fresh lemons instead of buying sour mix, and it's definitely worth it. Really, squeezing lemons isn't that difficult and you should really be doing it whenever a drink calls for lemon. Really, I promise it will be better.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment