Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pink Lady

I should start by saying that the pink lady I made looked nothing like this. Well, it was pink but not as clean and bright. More like pepto. Not very appetizing.

1 1/2 ounce gin
1/3 ounce grenadine
1/2 ounce vanilla soy milk
-Shake vigorously with cracked ice and strain into chilled cocktail glass.

Now, technically one is supposed to use 1 egg white as well, but 1) I'm vegan and 2) raw eggs are yuck. Thus, I didn't get the foam going that the vigorous shaking is supposed to produce. Nonetheless, the drink was still pretty good. Not something I would necessarily order, but pleasant. It's a dessert drink, so naturally I had to eat something sweet with it: I am ashamed to admit that I ate a few fun sized candy bars that have been sitting around the house in preparation for Halloween. I've given up my moral values, but boy was it delicious.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment