Monday, October 5, 2009

Irish Coffee

So this drink came about on a day of both productivity and hypochondria. I finished reading Notes from the Underground and The Gambler (both by Dostoevsky), worked on two new grad school apps, and studied for the subject GRE. Good. I also convinced myself that I had some serious lung issues and had trouble breathing all day. Bad.

I should also make sure that everyone knows that I don't usually drink coffee. It's delicious, but I react way too strongly to caffeine and turn completely insane. It's especially bad when I drink coffee in the afternoon or evening. Needless to say, this did not help with the hypochondria situation.

Anyway, recipe:

4 ounces hot, strong coffee
1 1/2 ounce blended or Irish whiskey
Sugar to taste
-Mix together in a mug. Add whipped cream if available.

So far, this is how I've liked whiskey the best. I got my coffee from Espresso Roma and didn't add any sugar because I prefer my coffee black (I also don't really need to have a sugar high on top of a caffeine buzz). I was drinking this around 4PM and couldn't get to sleep for the night until 4AM. Who has a coffee buzz that lasts 12 hours? Seriously, I should be drinking decaf, but I can't help but feel like that would be wimpy. Luckily, there are no more coffee drinks in my book and I can stick to tea.

Also, I've now done at least one drink from every chapter in the book! Milestones...

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment