Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scotch and Soda

It's amazing, I'm so on top of my blogging that I'm writing this as I take my last few sips of the drink I'm posting about. A major miracle! Of course, I haven't really been drinking cocktails for over a week, so not really as impressive.

The scotch and soda is a classic, the kind of thing I would order at a bar, having never tried it, just to sound like I know what I'm talking about. But frankly, it tasted a little watered down to me, but I may have put too much ice in it. I wanted it to taste more like whiskey or else replace the lack of booze flavor with either sugar or lemon. The carbonation was nice, but the flavor just seemed a little less than the punch I've come to expect. Maybe a more expensive Scotch would've held its own against the soda? Things to consider for the rest of my drinking life.

1 1/2 ounces Scotch
Soda water
-Add Scotch to an iced highball glass and fill with soda water.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment