Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hot Spiced Cranberry Punch

I decided I needed to make this recipe before the weather got too nice and it's no longer appropriate to make warm drinks. So exciting that we're getting to that time of year! It just makes me want to be back in The City, walking down the street with the restaurants all open to the air. Perfection!

But before the warm weather loveliness, we have hot spiced cranberry punch, which tasted like mulled wine more or less. I decided to get fancy and make cranberry compote instead of canned cranberry sauce: it would have been good if I had blended it before putting it in the punch. As it was, the whole cranberries were kind of awkward in the glass, and it all turned into a sludge in the bottom of the mug at the end.

You might be wondering if I drank this whole punch myself, but I did not. I was smart enough to invite a drinking buddy. We each had a mug and played video games before moving onto other drinks. More on that later ;-)

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
3/4 tsp cloves
2 cans jellied cranberry sauce
2 cups light rum
-Bring sugar, 1 cup water, salt and spices to a boil. Blend cranberry sauce with 3 cups water and add to hot ingredients and add the pineapple juice. Add rum.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment