Monday, March 29, 2010

Mai Tai and Piña Colada


Unfortunately I had only had blue Curaçao instead of regular, so we drank blue mai tais the other night. Blue drinks will just never seem classy, I don't care what they are called or what they contain.

In fact, the mai tai is a pretty tasty drink, and a nice choice for the nicer weather we had here on Saturday. A lot sweeter than what I am now accustomed to, but still delicious. I can only imagine how amazing these would taste in their proper environment, but those musings will have to stay in my mind until I get some cash money in my bank account.

2 ounces golden rum
1/2 ounce Curaçao
1/2 ounce orgeat (almond flavored) syrup
1/4 ounce simple syrup
juice of 1 fresh lime
-Shake in cocktail shaker and strain into old fashioned glass.


Two drinks in one post! I haven't done that in awhile, but these two happened in the same night I have very similar things to say about them. Yum, but sweeter than I usually drink. Might be making these come summertime. Yay! Recipe:

1 1/2 ounces golden rum
1 1/2 ounce coconut milk
4 ounces pineapple juice
4-5 ice cubes
-Blend it, pour it, drink it.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment