Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Fashion

For some reason, google images has not heard of this lovely little cocktail, so you are graced with another picture of a lemon drop, a very similar drink.

This version basically gives the lemon drop back some of its "martininess" by adding a bit of sweet vermouth, making for a slightly less sweet drink. When I made it, I put a little too much lemon juice in as I'd just gotten a juicer for Christmas (thanks Mush!) and got carried away, which made the drink on the too tart side of delicious. Otherwise a splendid drink and one worth mixing up:

2 ounces lemon vodka
1/4 ounce sweet vermouth
splash of simple syrup
3/4 ounce lemon juice
-Shake gently with cracked ice in cocktail shaker and strain into a cocktail glass.

So how were your holidays? Do any epic drinking (in either quantity or quality)?

Enjoy and bottoms up!

1 comment:

  1. My holidays were very pleasant, thanks for asking! :) I didn't drink since I generally don't, but I had a nice bit of nostalgia for last year's holiday party at GHo, with the eggnog! ♥

    ReplyDelete