Friday, January 22, 2010

Ruby Martini

This is another instance where the picture looks nothing like the actual drink: the real thing is stirred so the blue and red mix and form a very dark blue (a color I wasn't expecting to ever drink in my life), and it's in a cocktail glass with no ice. Google images was being a bitch a giving me martini glasses that were either ruby colored or literally MADE FROM RUBIES. Not helpful.

The drink itself was good, but the most remarkable thing about it was the color. Another in the long line of good but not amazing. In general, I'm a little burnt out on cocktails and really prefer beer and wine right now. Sitting at home, watching Doctor Who, eating potatoes, drinking red wine, reading TFLN is pretty much what I do these days. Theoretically, I should be less poor soon, as I now have three jobs. But somehow I think I will still manage to be broke. Oh well, it's part of being young, right?

1 1/2 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce cranberry juice
1/2 ounce blue Curaçao
-Stir with cracked ice and strain into cocktail glass.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment