Thursday, January 7, 2010

Alexander

I chose to have an Alexander the other night, in a sort of "eat your peas before you can have dessert" way, before the more famous Brandy Alexander. I thought it was going to be terrible. I thought I was going to suffer greatly in consuming it, but it actually turned out to be okay. A bit strange, but not unpleasant.

An Alexander is a dessert drink that contains gin, cream (milk or soymilk), and créme de cacao. The gin made me nervous, but I went for it and enjoyed myself. It's a bit like when they put basil or lavender in a dessert in that there is an herby quality that precedes the sweet taste. I feel like it would be really easy to get the measurements wrong on this one and push it too far in either the sweet or herby direction, but it was quite nice.

1 ounce gin
1 ounce cream
1 ounce créme de cacao
-Shake with cracked ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment