Monday, January 25, 2010

Dry Martini/Dirty Martini

Finally! A way to have a martini that isn't completely awful! I decided since I have several versions of a basic martini left to do (they just have different ratios of gin/vodka to vermouth), I would try some of the variations that they list that aren't part of my required drinking. This strategy was effective, so go me!

A dirty martini is just a regular martini with a bit of olive brine splashed in. I used more than a splash of brine because I really didn't want to taste much martini. It sounds like a weird combo, but the brine mostly just makes it less strong tasting and a little bit salty. Not a drink I would really care to order at a bar and pay $6 for, but I drank most of it and didn't have to make a face with every sip. So there you go, my recommendation if you have to have a basic martini is to get a dirty martini.

Dry Martini:
2 1/2 ounces gin
1/3 ounce dry vermouth
-Stir with ice cubes and strain into cocktail glass.

For Dirty Martini:
add up to 1/2 ounce olive brine.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment