Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wet Martini

Oh dear sweet, classic martini. We've had quite a go of it: me hating you, you getting me too drunk. They certainly have been classic times, but now we've come to the end. The wet martini is the last variation on the classic martini in my little black book. And after all the fun, I've finally come to appreciate the combination of vermouth and vodka.

A friend of mine described enjoying martinis because they taste "clean" which I laughed about at the time. Now, I have to agree - there's a purity to the taste of a martini. I think I might order this at a bar sometime.

1 1/2 ounces gin or vodka
1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth
-Stir with ice cubes and strain into chilled cocktail glass.

In other news, I just finished reading the play for which my blog is named: Long Day's Journey into Night by Eugene O'Neill. I enjoyed it, and didn't realize when I named my blog how appropriate the title would be. They drink like crazy throughout the entire thing, so I think I might have a whiskey rocks at the end of the project in acknowledgment of the namesake.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment