Monday, April 12, 2010

B-52 and French Kiss

I'm combining these two drinks even though I drank them on different nights because they taste very similar and because they are floats if I can call them that. They both involve floating one liquor on top of one or two other liquors, something I have not thus far been able to do. However the B-52 was my first success story:

1/3 ounce Kahlúa
1/3 ounce Irish cream liqueur
1/3 ounce Grand Marnier
-Float ingredients in the order listed.

It really looked like the picture above! In the past, I have read to use a spoon and hold it steadily with the tip just below the surface of the first liquor. Then, carefully and slowly pour the next liquor down the length of the spoon. I used this technique only with a butter knife and found it much easier. It still takes patience and a steady hand, but it can be achieved.

This picture for the French Kiss is not accurate. I was unable to find a suitable picture of the real drink, much to my dismay (surprisingly, drinks aren't what come up when you google "French kiss"). I thought this one did portray the deliciousness of said drink quite nicely so you can get an idea.

1/2 ounce Amaretto
1/2 ounce créme de cacao
1/2 ounce Irish Cream liqueur
-Carefully layer all ingredients into a shot glass. (I doubled the amounts and put it in a cocktail glass).

You will notice the use of a non-vegan ingredient, which leads me to inform you that I have officially taken myself out of the properly vegan category and into the "complicated eater" category. I still love the trees, but I need to eat something besides carbs.

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment