Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gin and It

I drank this "cousin" of the martini (more like identical twin, I'd say) with a few of my friends, and it was variously described as tasting like "cough medicine" "herby" and "something you might clean floors with." Apt on all counts.

One of us only kept drinking it because she would forget how awful it tasted and go in for another. By the end, I didn't totally hate it, but I'm pretty sure that's just because my taste buds were drunk and making poor decisions. Here's what you do:

1 1/2 ounce gin
1 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
-Stir over cracked ice and strain into cocktail glass. Add dash of bitters if desired.

In other news, I got glassware for Christmas! As well as some additional bottles for my bar, including small bottles of cognac and Grand Marnier and larger bottles of lemon vodka and amaretto!

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment