Sunday, June 13, 2010

Flamingo Cocktail

Hey, so I'm back but with the sad news that my project is definitely not getting done on time (or on budget). I have 64 drinks to get through in 79 days, which means I have to have a new recipe every 1.2 days. My wallet simply cannot handle that unless someone cares to donate any of the following:

Chartreuse liqueur
Pernod
Galliano
Chambord
Benedictine
Cordial Medoc
Fangelico
Black Sambuca
Kümmel
Pimm's No. 1
Midori

It doesn't hurt to put it out there, does it?

Well, now we're back in the boat where I had this drink so long ago that I don't remember much about it. I know that the apricot brandy I bought had the most 70s-looking label I've ever seen (brand = Mr. Boston if you want to google). I think I was drinking it while watching either Skins or Bones (ha!) towards the end of my apartment living experience about 6 weeks ago. I seem to remember not hating it, but not being inspired by it. Take that for what it is.

1 1/4 ounce gin
1/2 ounce apricot brandy
dash of grenadine
juice of 1/2 a fresh lime
-Cocktail shaker it up and pour into cocktail glass. Ta da!

Enjoy and bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment